Federal Tuition Assistance
Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible active duty, and members of the National Guard or Reserves. Each branch of service is authorized to establish specific eligibility criteria. Service members should contact their local Education Service Officer (ESO) or representative prior to enrolling in college.
Prospective students are encouraged to visit the following websites before deciding to attend The Citadel.
Tuition Assistance (TA) Decide This site provides a comparison tool to assist participants of DoD’s TA program in making an informed choice on schools and education programs. Although the website is designed for individuals, your ESO can also be of assistance in the process.
Steps you should take in using Tuition Assistance:
- Contact your ESO or representative at your local military installation. Please keep in mind that the availability of TA funds varies by your branch of service or command.
- If you are eligible for TA, explore The Citadel’s degree programs and apply for admissions.
- Once you have been admitted to The Citadel, follow these steps:
- Contact your Citadel academic advisor for your degree program and select your classes each semester
- Complete your TA with your respective branch of service. Once approved, submit your approved TA voucher or authorization to the Office of the Treasurer by email at TRSR@citadel.edu. If you are using TA along with VA Educational Benefits, please submit a copy of your TA authorization to the Veteran Student Success Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Tuition Assistance Resources
Refer to the Department of Defense for general guidelines and assistance as well as the branch of service for specifics. We also encourage you to visit Tuition Assistance (TA) Decide.