Our center offers The Citadel community a source for introducing best practices in teaching and learning, instructional design, educational technology, the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning(SoLT), professional development opportunities, and other resources. We provide a number of programs and services designed to facilitate and improve face-to-face and online teaching practices.
To promote excellence in teaching to enhance student learning.
The Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning and Distance Education, through collaboration with various institutional units, faculty, staff and programming:
- Provides leadership and support for innovation in teaching on all platforms (F2F and online).
- Sustains growth of faculty and staff.
- Develops leadership capacity in teaching, curriculum design, development, and innovation across all levels of the college.
- Advances achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Advances teaching and innovation to achieve excellence in the education and development of principled leaders.
- Inspires faculty innovation on teaching and learning and the use of technology.
- Presents research and theory based approaches on college instruction and 21st century learners.
- Supports the implementation of evidenced-based and innovative approaches to teaching both face-to-face and online.
- Assists faculty and staff in assessing their practices and using that assessment to refine their teaching or instructional approaches.
- Serves as a center or hub for teaching and learning resources and training.